Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thailand Pictures

I thought I would post a few pictures from our journey so far. So I did!

This first one was taken just today at a cooking class we took in Chiang Mai. We learned how to make some of our favorites including Pad Thai, Som Tam, Fried Bananas, Green Curry, and Pad Graphow Gai! Mmm... Thai food. We'll have to practice on friends and family when we come home, eh? The class was about $10 each and we got to eat everything we made!

This next one is from our trip to Laos. It was a lot like Thailand, but a little more underdeveloped. We went to the city of Wiang Jahn.

Thailand landscape shot on the truck ride to Ban Chiang. See the water buffalos?! There were herds and herds of them. It was fun to see them trudging through the mud and burrowing down in the water (and goring other animals mercilessly!)

This is Nid & Nim, a couple I was able to teach back when I was a missionary. They've been so nice to us and have taken us to see all the sights.

We had some free time in San Fran on our layover so we decided to have lunch downtown. Idn't she cute?! ('She' being my dear wife, Lydia)

Hey, if anyone reads this thing, leave me a comment! Thank ya!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ichaa MAAG MAAG. Looks Fun!!!!

6:46 AM, August 10, 2006  
Blogger mikemetcalf said...

I'll try to get more pictures of severed limbs for you swammy. I wish I had my camera before I lost my left arm. Oh well, I still have 3 limbs to go. I'm sure I'll get another chance.

7:09 PM, August 11, 2006  
Blogger k said...

Hey Mik- err umm mike! That's so cool your crazy kids got to go back to the ol' mission sight! I hope you're having a wicked awesome time! Guess what- Greg and I moved back to Utah from AZ and I"m a teacher at Mt. View now! We should all hang out sometime when you're down here!

3:42 PM, August 16, 2006  
Blogger Michelle said...

WOW - Lydia is such a babe! CUTE picture!

2:36 PM, September 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home