Thursday, October 19, 2006

26 years young

Happy birthday Lydia!

Today my sweet wife turns 26! Which reminds me of a funny story. October for the Scothern family is a little bit crazy. Maybe it has something to do with Valentine's Day being in February, but there are a LOT of October birthdays (including Lydia's). Anyway, Seth was asking his dad how old someone was going to be this year and Ben told him that she would be turning _____. Seth thought about it for a second and then asked him, "Dad, who turns people old?" I thought that was pretty cute (let me know if I got that right Ben).

Anyway, for Lydia's birthday post, I thought I would share some other significant events that have occured on October 19th.
  • 1512 - Martin Luther becomes a doctor of theology (Doctor in Biblia).
  • 1781: The American War of Independence ends with the surrender of Lord Cornwallis to George Washington at Yorktown, USA
  • 1789 - Chief Justice John Jay is sworn in as the first Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court.
  • 1925: A US-Franco expedition to Algeria finds ancient sea shells, proving the Sahara was once partially submerged
  • 1926: Chuck Berry, Popular 'Rock and Roll' singer of the 50's was born
  • 1980: Lydia is born!
  • 1987: was declared "Black Monday" when the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) fell dramatically, and on which similar enormous drops occurred across the world."
  • 2003 - David Blaine finally ended his 44-day endurance stunt of being sealed inside a transparent case suspended 30 feet in the air over Potters Fields Park, located in London.
  • 2005 - Busch Memorial Stadium is closed and destroyed.
  • 2006 - Lydia turns 26 and goes to work at America West bank - she wears gray pants!
Happy Birthday honey! You're such a great wife. Thanks for your constant love and support. You mean the world to me. I love you!

5 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Clay said...

Yes, Happy Birthday to Mike's Honey. Happy Birthday to Lydia!!!!!

I love that she works here at the bank--she is a real go getter! I can see why Mike loves her so much.

CHEERS TO LYDIA!

7:34 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Jenny said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LYDIA!!! Man, 26? I should still be 26, no fair. I hope you have a fantastic day filled with fun and surprises...
any tricks up your sleeve, Mike?
Anyway, I love and miss you both.

(Expect bugs soon! J/K) :)

7:57 AM, October 19, 2006  
Blogger Mindy said...

Great post, Mike. You never cease to make me smile. Happy Birthday, Lydia! You are the best little sister I have ever had. Look at you, 26, gorgeous, superstar wife and sister and friend, you in your gray pants. I LOVE YOU!! Hope your day is wonderful.

10:44 AM, October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike! You are so great! How in the world did I get so lucky?? Seriously. I am so excited to spend the evening out with you, even though I don't know what we're doing.... yes, Jenny. That's the trick up his sleeve. And everyone else, thank you for your birthday wishes! It sure does make me feel special. It's funny, leading up to my birthday I am not really one of those types that likes all the attention, but on my birthday I like it. So thanks everyone! I love you all!

2:11 PM, October 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seth asked me "how many is Clayton turning?" I told him Clayton was turning 23 this year. He thought about it for a few seconds and asked, "Dad. Who turns people into numbers anyway?" I was stumped.

Happy birthday Lyd. Whoever it is that turns people into numbers, they've been especially kind to you. Hope it's been a great day for you!

3:31 PM, October 19, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home