Monday, October 23, 2006

Behold... the office!

I apologize in advance if any of you were led to believe that this would be a tribute the popular tv series "The Office." Although this would have been an excellent blog entry, this is simply not so.

Lydia and I have been chipping away at our house one week at a time. One of the first things on our list was to get all the rooms painted, particularly the office so I could move my furniture and computers up there and set up camp. But for whatever reason, that ended up being the last room to get painted. But we're finally done! We finished painting all of the doors for every room in our house as well as finishing off the office last week. Hurray!

Here's a shot of the finished product. Thanks to Shanna Taggart for the two-tone idea!

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Very nice. I like the colors you have chosen. They say to me....relaxing, yet productive! :) Part of the fun of having a home is making it your own! Any nursery decorating going on??? Just wonderin'.

12:45 PM, October 23, 2006  
Blogger Mindy said...

Looks great, you guys! I'm feeling bad that I didn't come to help--I didn't realize you were painting again. I need to get over there and see all the work you've done. Love the greens.

7:51 AM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger mikemetcalf said...

Don't worry about it Mindy! If you still feel bad you can come over on Saturday and build us a garage for the winter. I've got a hammer and nails and everything! j/k :)

We'd love to have you over sometime to see the improvements. There's still a lot of decorating and stuff that we need to do, but maybe when we have everything set up we can have an open house or something.

Thanks Mindy & Jenny for stopping by!

12:37 PM, October 24, 2006  
Blogger Emily and Clay said...

LOVE THE GREEN. I am green with envy for your house. I just love it. You guyes have worked really hard and it has paid off--it looks terrific! I really want a house of my own too! I still look online almost everyday. I think this is the one time I cannot get one on clearance! I keep asking Clayt, "Why can't this one be for sale for $1?".......

9:22 AM, October 25, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home