Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Midnight musings...

So here's my dilemma... Lydia went to bed at 10:00 and I stayed up for two reasons. One, I was playing a video game and having a pretty good time. Two, I was waiting for my friend/co-worker to post a design sample in our online project-based "campfire" chatroom so we could talk about it. Well, after he posted and we discussed it for awhile, I realized it was getting quite late. I thought to myself, self, you should really should go to bed... but then my thoughts turned to a promise I made to Lydia around 7:25PM. I told her I would be happy to do the dishes. Before she went to bed, she reminded me of the current state of the dishes (still very much not done). I assured her I would do them before I came to bed. But now, I find myself still not wanting to do the dishes, but not wanting to disappoint Lydia by not doing them. Thus, I am still awake and looking for ways to procrastinate the inevitable. Not sleeping, not doing dishes, not doing anything...

My advice to myself, self, stop blogging and go do the dishes so you can go to bed. Okay, great idea!

3 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Clay said...

Mike, dishes are inevitable--everyone must EAT.

I am sure Lydia really appreciates your help (even if it is almost midnight).

That is one thing that really relaxes me, as funny as it sounds, but if I can see the sink not full of dishes and the counter all cleared off--is just a little slice of heaven for me!

7:23 AM, April 12, 2007  
Blogger mikemetcalf said...

Hey Em, I think you've been rubbing off on Lydia lately. If the dishes are done, then life is in balance, and all is well. The opposite is also true.

And just for the record, my blog time was wrong. I didn't get to bed until around 2 last night. And yes I did do the dishes! :)

2:10 PM, April 12, 2007  
Blogger Jenny said...

Wow, I love "Zombie" and "Yanks" and "Lunatic" made me giggle, too. Yep, those certainly are not PC in any way, but pretty funny nonetheless.

Kudos to a man who does the dishes! I am telling you, nothing is sexier than a man with Palmolive hands! :)

1:18 PM, April 18, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home