Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New blogs and flawed bank heists

As some of you may have noticed, the last post on the blog was authored by none other than my wife (who cleverly veiled her identity as our daughter Kate...it was Lydia though, trust me... I tried teaching Kate how to blog for four hours straight last night and she couldn't quite get up to 50 words per minute, so I told her she probably wasn't ready and gave her the lecture about "for everything there is a season, bla bla bla, you get the idea).

Yes it's true, Lydia has taken the blogging world by storm. She's been talking about starting her own blog forever, and tonight, she finally did!

Now, before you all go rushing off to Lydia's fresh morsel of internet goodness, I just wanted to quickly draw your attention to all the shiny new links on the right! I've added all my favorite blogs and updated a dead link or two. So check them out!

Of the new blogs listed, I insist you check out Bearskinrug by Kevin Cornell. He's a British illustrator that I discovered through A List Apart. His illustrations are top notch! Make sure you read the notes that accompany his illustrations and the viewer comments. Hilarious, hours of entertainment! I could really spend all day on this site. Here's a sample...
Kevin's comments:

I never worked as a bank teller, but it always struck me as a classy job. In the hierarchy of jobs that require you to stand behind a counter, I opted for the lowest level, and joined the food service industry, a decision I kind of regret when I think of all the classiness I lost by not being a bank teller.

Of course, working at the mall Chik-fil-A, I was probably at less risk of being shot. So I essentially traded dignity for security. Like when you wear a helmet on a bike. Or when you cross a canyon by using a bridge, instead of trying to jump it on a motorcycle.

Genius! Anyway, hope you enjoy the new blogs.

While I'm posting, I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone who's helped out in the last few weeks. Dinners, visits, ice cream, new baby clothes, flowers, fence building, laundry doing, dish washing, and so much more. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Here's one more picture of our baby girl. :)


5 Comments:

Blogger Emily and Clay said...

Cute baby! I just love her face!

Nice work on trying to teach Kate...she is a little young yet Mike. When she is 16 you will wish you had slowed down on all of this rushing her to grow up. JUST KIDDING.

9:16 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Jenny said...

Awesome, Mike...I love your sense of humor. I am a big lame-o! I am just now getting caught up with all of your blogs. It's been a flurry of activity lately.
Kate is gorgeous...I still cannot get over her skin. It is flawless. I just want to bottle her "Essence" and not in a creepy way like in the movie "The Dark Crystal". She looks nothing like a gelfling, anyway.

10:56 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Natalie said...

Mike,
I feel I should pay tribute to your grammar skills and grovel for forgiveness in ever questioning. You win, you always do. "You're smart, I'm dumb. You're big, I'm small. You're good-looking, I'm not that attractive..." (isn't that off Matilda or something?)
Forever in awe at your superior intelligence,
Natalie

11:06 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger mikemetcalf said...

It's alright Natalie... i guess you're forgiven. But if this ever happens again, I can't promise to be as merciful.

11:18 AM, July 12, 2007  
Blogger Jenny said...

Mike-
I checked out Bearskinrug today....and spent hours laughing. What a gem! Even his sketchbook is hilarious. Thanks for the new comic "dessert". My eyes (and sides) are tired.

10:53 AM, July 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home